Professional Cleaning for Your Area Rugs
Area rugs have many wonderful uses for your home: To make an entryway feel more welcoming, to provide warmth and color on hardwood or tile floors, to reduce sound vibrations, even as wall decorations. Area rugs can also come in many forms and styles: wool, silk, ‘Oriental’, Moroccan, Persian, Native American, and so on.
One thing all area rugs have in common, though, is that they should be cleaned regularly by a trained professional. The majority of area rugs are of a more delicate nature than carpeting. Maintaining their integrity and beauty to extend their use and life (particularly if under warranty) requires specific cleaning techniques for each type of rug.
Our 7-Step Area Rug Cleaning Process
- Pre-Inspection: The fiber content of each rug is identified. Rugs are then inspected for physical damage such as pulls, rips and tears to fibers, as well as damage from contaminates (urine, wine, and food/beverage spills, to name a few).
- Dry Soil Removal: Over 80% of the soil in your rug is dry. Removing this soil before wet cleaning is one of the most important steps in our rug washing process.
- Preconditioning: Using the information from the pre-inspection, preconditioning chemistry is applied and gently agitated into the rug. Dwell time ensures chemistry makes contact and loosens contaminates.
- Rinsing: Contaminates are flushed and chemistry is neutralized to leave fibers clean and soft.
- Finishing: Rug is groomed, ensuring all fibers are standing up. Fringe (if present) is groomed and cleaned.
- Drying: Rugs are placed in a controlled in-house environment for drying.
- Post-inspection: Rugs are visually inspected and safely packaged for their return to your home.
Spot Plus is proud to be one of the very few carpet cleaning services in Springfield, MO to have the professional, in-house facilities needed for proper treatment of area rugs. We are fully licensed and certified to give your rugs the care and cleaning they deserve. We also offer pick-up and delivery — just call us to arrange a time that’s convenient for you. Or, if you prefer, you may drop off your rug at our shop during regular business hours.